Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hello World!

I have a lot of friends that blog, and I must admit, reading them is my new obsession!

At first, I was not on board with the idea of blogging. I thought - I have nothing to "say to the world", it seems a little self-righteous to think that people really care to read about the things that go on in my day-to-day life, and I don't really have time for another "project".

But I've come to have a new opinion about blogs. I really look forward to reading about Kim's family vacations, Lisa's renovated kitchen, Ashley's adventures with Hunter, Tracy's struggle with Claire and her favorite sweater, and Emily's countless treks to all the wineries in Virginia! It is such a great way to stay up to date with friends and family that are far away! Plus, now that I have a child (well, yeah, he's been around for a year now), it is a great way to keep friends/family up to date with all things Luke (since we have friends/family ALL over the country... Alabama, North Carolina, Mississippi, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, California, Illinois, etc.)!

Also, since I've become a mom, I've started appreciating blogs more and more for parenting advice/stories/shared experiences. Just a few weeks ago, I was googling about how to make the change from bottle to sippy cup when I came across several blogs from random moms about the topic. They gave such good advice and shared their stories about how they accomplished the task. So helpful!!

Lastly, the blog is for me. Luke is growing up so fast and there are definitely things that I want to try to document and remember! When he does things that are hilarious, I want share those moments and be able to look back and see how far he's come.

So anyways, here goes nothing!

6 comments:

  1. All very true and I look forward to keeping up with the little guy as well as the Hammond activities too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better write every day!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogging world!! glad i'll be able to keep up with you guys now! i can already tell you have a knack for it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. or here goes everything...

    You will love the blog and find your self stopping to reflect on things that you never would have thought twice about previously. In fact, you sort of begin living your life through blog goggles, thinking, "Oh that will be great for the blog."

    It's actually very dangerous, as I've been playing around on the blog for 2 hours now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Im so excited you've joined the blogging world. I myself am not the best at keeping my blog updated, but I'm huge into blog stalking:o) I can't wait to read all about the adventures of Luke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you could do it!!! So glad to be able to watch Luke grow and learn! Congrats on giving in to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete