We attending the family picnic for a bit and also Amy's baby shower during the day.
Here is a hilarious photo of Luke at the picnic:
Luke and I having fun at the baby shower:

The reunion was a fancy affair at the Ledges in Huntsville. It was so nice to actually get dressed up and go out (sans child)! It is a rare occasion for Andie and I to get out at night - together. Big thanks to Kristen's mom for manning the monitors while the parents went out for a little adult fun!
Barnsby's and Hammond's (pre-reunion):
Andie and I at the reunion:
The girls!! Amazingly enough, this group of girls (plus a few others that couldn't make it to the reunion) have remained close friends through all the years. Many of us have been friends since elementary and middle school. We still get together multiple times every year for weddings, baby showers, beach trips, holiday parties, etc. Love these gals!!
*note: where's Allison? :)
Our reunion could have been a movie - there were all the classic high school reunion moments that you'd expect:
- awkward conversations where you couldn't quite remember someone's name and were trying to sneak a peek at their nametag
- the people who looked completely different because they put on weight since the days of being a skinny teenager
- overhearing one classmate say to another "whoa... you got hot"
- the guy who was WAAAAAAAY too drunk and making a scene
- hilarious hook-ups amongst the single crowd
- and of course, Allison's letter to herself (from 1999) where she said that she hopes in ten years that she will visit LA frequently, learn cajun dancing, and have sex tonight. Classic.
We had a great time!
I still have yet to figure out what Cajun dancing is. Did I know what this was in 1999?? I guess the take home message in that last bullet point is that I am cool :)
ReplyDeleteWho were the single hook ups? Im so not in the loop on that gossip:o)
ReplyDeletei love it! thanks for sharing pictures and great stories. I am so sad that i missed it. everyone looks so beautiful. i love the blog!
ReplyDelete