Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomato Art Fest

This weekend we had some very special visitors come to town - the Barnsby's (well, not ALL Barnsby's - just Kristen and Andrew). We took the kiddos to the Tomato Art Fest in East Nashville. It was fun to spend the day outside, explore East Nashville, and people watch.

We had a great time, except for the fact that it was SMOKIN' HOT outside! We were all sweating buckets - but luckily were able to get our hands on some of those icy push-up pops from one of the friendly vendors, which provided some much needed relief.

When we all finally hit the level of being miserable in the heat - we headed back to casa de Hammond in Smyrna. On the trip back home, we captured this precious moment:


The little fellas were holding hands and watching Finding Nemo (Luke's new favorite movie). Sweet boys!

1 comment:

  1. you have got to be kidding me...that is the cutest picture that I have ever seen! Also...isn't the age difference between the boys a few weeks? Wow...a little bit of a size difference there.

    Kate also loves Nemo. Except we have to skip to the 2nd chapter because she gets scared when the fish attacks the anemeni at the beginning. She also stutters through the word "anemeni", imitating Nemo when she tries to answer Mr. Ray's question on Nemo's first day of school. And at the part when Nemo and Dori are swimming down toward the scary light bulb fish and the screen on the TV is dark she always smirks at me and says, "Mom...turn it back on," knowing that I will say, "Kate it is on, they are just swimming in the dark." (I should blog about this, I didn't realize how much I had to say about Nemo and my daughter.)

    ReplyDelete