
We wanted to do something a little bit silly involving tacky Christmas sweaters. I found Luke's sweater at a consignment sale months ago and thought it was hilarious because it was a tiny version of a classic looking Holiday sweater. It just made me laugh. Of course, when I actually put the sweater on him, I thought "awwwww! It actually looks really cute on him!!".
Anyway, I had been on a mission to find tacky sweaters for Andie and I and was coming up with nothing! Seems like it would be really easy to find those ugly things... I mean, if you just take a quick trip to Wal-Mart you can find lots of people proudly wearing them! I looked at Wal-Mart and Target first. Nothing! How could this be??
My next stop was Belk where I purchased mine. I thought it was pretty fabulous - shiny ribbon, glittery snowflakes, tassel on the zipper (the only thing that I didn't really take into account was that most of the tackiness of the sweater was located at the bottom - so it didn't really show up in the photo).
But still no sweater for Andie!
Since time was running out and I really needed to get the photos taken, my last attempt was Kohls. They really didn't have anything tacky in the male department, but I did find turtlenecks! I knew that pairing a turtleneck with a sweater would automatically increase the 80s cheese factor, so I just paired it with the busiest-looking sweater I could find.
ah-ha! done!
Although the outfits were not quite as tacky as I had hoped, at least we were ready for the photo session (and much closer to checking "order christmas cards" off of the list).
The photo session was pretty funny - Andie put the camera on a chair and set up the timer to take like 15 pics in a row. We kept Luke still on our laps by feeding him goldfish. He was just chomping down on crackers as the photos snapped away.
It was so much fun to look at the photos when we were finished! You are guaranteed to get hilarious photos when you have a one year old and two silly adults! Here are some of the outtakes:

(this photo was the one that we almost used for the card. I think that it is a cuter photo overall than the one we used, but Luke is looking away and also he's covering up my sweater - which Andie and I both agreed was the tackiest one of all)




(what is going on here??)
These are great! I didn't know there was a camera setting to take a bunch in a row. Very cool. "Order Christmas Cards" is always on my list and I NEVER get to check it off. I am so impressed when people can get more than two people looking cute in a picture at one time : ) So cute! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSo so funny! I loved your card! Plus, it was the first one I received...nice work.
ReplyDeleteI love how your scary picture is not scary at all. And your serious picture is not serious at all. And your tacky picture is not tacky at all. Why didn't you wear your GHS Holiday Party sweater??
ReplyDelete