Monday, February 8, 2010

New Floors!

Ok, so we aren't COMPLETELY done yet - still have to do a small area in front of our bedroom door, install the thresholds, and attach quarter round to the perimeter. Those things aside, the major installation is complete! We brought all of our furniture back in the house and the new floors look AMAZING!!

Here's a little sneak peak of the living room:





The striped rug in the room is actually the rug that used to be in our dining room. I'm trying to decide if I like it in the living room. We definitely want an area rug in that position and are thinking of using either a dark crimson or a burnt orange as an accent color (which is represented in this rug) but I'm just not sure if those big, bold stripes are a little too much for the room. I'm thinking I'd like it a little more if there was a bit of green in the rug - also, I need to tie in the whole room better with some colorful accent pillows.

The jury is still out on the rug - feel free to weigh in if you have thoughts on this...

For a close up of the floors, check out these two jokers:





I rolled one of Luke's trucks under the armoire, so Andie and Luke proceeded to rescue it. It was pretty cute - as soon as Andie got on the floor to fish it out, Luke jumped right down next to him to "help". Love it!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! You should check out Etsy for homemade pillows. There are a lot of really cute ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! the floors are totally awesome. maybe you need more red/orange on the walls too?

    ReplyDelete