Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daddy's Boy

Luke is totally a daddy's boy. There's no denying it.

Sure, he wants to snuggle up with mama when he's tired or hurt... but in general, dad is SO much more fun and interesting to him.

Here's an example of a conversation with Luke:

(me): Hey, where's Luke?

(Luke points to himself while smiling and giggling)

(me): Where's daddy?

(Luke slowly smiles... looks over at dad... then enthusiastically points to him)

(me): Where's mommy?

(Luke keeps smiling - very proud of himself - then points to dad again)

(me): nooooooooo... where's MOMMY??

(Luke shoots a glance over at dad. Then he points to dad again, smiling.)

So, yes, Andie is both dad and mom to our child. :) At least for a week or two.


Example Number 2 of Dad love:

On Saint Patrick's Day, I made corned beef and cabbage for dinner. I didn't think that Luke would touch the cabbage, but I put a couple of spoonfuls on his plate just to try. To my surprise, he actually took a few bites! Exciting!

Once he started slowing down with the food on his plate, I put some cabbage on my fork and offered it to him (sometimes he likes to eat off of the "big fork" rather than his own utensils). He shook his head "no" and was not at all interested.

At this point in the meal, Andie got up from the table and put another serving of cabbage on his plate. He returned to his seat and started to chow down. Luke was observing his every move and as soon as dad started eating more cabbage... Luke started eating more cabbage.

We were cracking up! Andie actually went back for a third scoop - just to see if Luke would eat more!

It is really fun to watch Luke's complete admiration of his dad! I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so sweet to see your kids head over heels for their dad, it lights up my heart!

    Cabbage...what is your secret? I'm so jealous, I'm trying to convince Kate to eat Spiderman Macaroni and Cheese...how much cooler can food get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ronin is a TOTAL dada's boy. it was cute in the beginning, but now i'm really starting to worry that he doesn't love me! SERIOUSLY - he ALWAYS wants Dada. Ok, occasionally he wants me to give him a bath because we play in the tub a long time, and Jeff has no interest in bath time fun. He thinks it is for business only.

    on the way home from school:
    me: "I missed you Ronin."
    Ro: "NO! Don't miss me! I miss Dada."

    me: "I love you, Ronin. Do you love Mama?"
    Ro: "NO! I love DADA!!!"

    Ro: "I want more milk"
    me: "We'll get more when we get home."
    Ro: "No. Dada will get me more milk."

    me: "Night-night Ronin." (when i'm in his face tucking him in)
    Ro: "Night-night Dada!" (he turns to look at Jeff!)


    kim- have you tried the spiderman mac-n-cheese? it sucks. it is totally different from the regular "cheesy" kind. i don't know how that is possible, but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is toooo cute! Needs to be framed and on your wall!

    ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete