Monday, June 14, 2010

Super Blog!

Sooooo... today is June 14th and I have yet to blog this month! What a slacker! I got behind one week - then it just kept snowballing.

So, in order to do a quick catch up, I'll just incorporate all my quick thoughts into one big super blog! Stay with me on this scattered journey...

Things are good with us.

I've been working from home for about 6 weeks now as our office is being renovated at work. It was a bit of an adjustment... but one that I've totally gotten used to and grown to love. I mean, how can you not love working in your pjs and optional showering? Our office renovation is now complete, so I'm mentally preparing to head back to the office on Wednesday. Back to waking up at 5:15am, business casual, and spending hours in traffic. I guess I really can't complain too much though - I still get to telecommute on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

As most of you probably know, Andie was "let go" as Wellness Director at the YMCA a few weeks ago. It was nothing that he did - the company was just restructuring and his position got eliminated. Total bummer... or maybe blessing in disguise as he can try to find a job that is a better fit for him. In the interim, he has been working with his friend Jason doing electrical work around town. He has been really enjoying doing some hard "manly" work without having to worry about managing people like he did at the Y.

Luke, of course, is amazing and still surprising us every day! He has totally stepped it up with his speech these days! He is now saying "peas" (please), "jews" (juice), "muk" (milk), "ge dowww" (get down), "wock" (rock) - ok, now that I've started typing these few words, I'm thinking that he's officially hit the mark where he's saying more things than I care to type! It is more than just a handful of words and phrases! Go Luke!

Some of his favorite phrases are "whoaaaaa, beee bye" (whoa, big bite!) - usually said while eating yogurt and getting a giant spoonful in his mouth, "bye, Ibry" (bye Ivory) - his fav teacher at school, "mama, she dow" (mama, sit down).

He also likes to talk about Shelby (from school). I think Luke is a bit of a ladies man already! His "girlfriend" at school used to be Lauren, but I think he traded her in for a younger model (Shelby). In addition, the teachers at school tell me that he likes to holds hands and kiss Kiera! (Yes, that's right... I said KISS! He's not even 2 yet!) Whew, he's already juggling 3 gals!!

Luke has also learned the art of stalling at bedtime. Every night when I put him down to bed, he insists on reading just one more book... or getting one more sip of water... It is cute. Tonight, I couldn't resist reading him one more book since he kept saying "Hop boo?" (Hop Book - aka "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss).

"Hop boo?", (insert sign for "more"), "Hop boo?", "mama?", (insert sign for "more"), "peas?", "Hop boo?". He's good!!

He's still totally into books (not just to stall before bed). If he's playing and gets really quiet for awhile, he's mostly likely in his room doing this:




We also recently put some new art up in his room. I framed up some of his best work from school and hung it over his bed. Love it!



Ok, now a quick photo catch up on other things we've had going on in the past few weeks.

Over Memorial Day weekend, Andie's mom and her sister came and stayed with us for several days! We had a lot of fun - went to Centennial park, Nashville Farmer's Market, grilled ribs - just had a good time visiting with each other and eating lots of good food!

At Centennial Park:






We've just been enjoying the summer so far and having fun at home! This past weekend we went to the Murfreesboro Saturday Farmer's Market and got some good veggies to eat - grilled out - made homemade pistachio ice cream - and splashed around in the baby pool. So, nothing big... just regular old summertime goodness!!

Here are some more random photos...

(driving mom's car)




(mmmmmm... cookies!)


(pool! yes, he already has a farmer's tan)


(early birthday present!! He is obsessed with his new bike! So what if his feet barely reach the pedals!)

4 comments:

  1. Time to discuss Luke's hair. Do you guys do a shave on that bad boy?

    Love the art work over this bed! I've always wanted to do something like that, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... the hair... Yes, we busted out the clippers and gave him a #2 shave all over!

    His hair was starting to get long in the back and it is SO straight (I wish he had cute little boy curls)... so it started to look like he had a mullet. Plus, with the rising heat of summer, it turned into a sweaty mop whenever he was outside, so I decided to go pretty short with it (plus, it is just easier!).

    This haircut was the HARDEST yet! He was SO squirmy... he hated the clippers (we've used them on him in the past and he did fine then)... he wouldn't sit still... he cried... the whole shabang.

    Next haircut I vow to take him to a professional. I think the era of the "mom cut" is over. Plus, a professional will know what they are doing and be able to give him an actual style rather than an all-over shave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, you know the book Luke's reading by himself has regular paper pages, right? It's not a board book! How come he's not tearing the pages?! This blows my mind. What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessi! Thanks for your nice comment. I want to copy YOUR display of Luke's artwork. Did you just cut portions of his original artwork and put it together? It looks awesome. I really hope Andie finds work he likes better.

    ReplyDelete