Sunday, September 20, 2009

2nd Haircut

Last weekend we gave Luke his second haircut. It didn't exactly go according to plan, but the results are still cute!

Since Luke is just over a year, I was a little nervous to take him to an actual haircutting place for a real haircut. I just can't imagine that it would go very well having a stranger up in his personal space and trying to get him to stay still.

So, we put him in his booster seat, turned on some cartoons, and proceeded to cut hair.


Luke did GREAT!! He was glued to the TV the entire time and was also entertained with the combs. He was totally distracted from the action that was occuring on top of his head.

I started the haircut by trimming the back and the sides with scissors. Of course, I had no idea what I was doing - I just did like I had seen hairdressers do and pulled up hair between two fingers and cut it off. Not bad, not bad.


Yes, it got a little difficult around the ears and yes, you can see a few "lines" where hair just got hacked off with a quick cut. Hopefully no one really notices those areas.

Then I moved on to the top. This is where it really went downhill. I wanted to try to keep the length, but just give it a good trim. Well, my inexperience really started to show as the top quickly became a mess that was getting shorter and shorter with every cut. Andie and I agreed it was time for plan B - clippers.




In the end, it got a lot shorter than I originally intended, but it is still very cute! I kinda miss the length on top, but it will grow back! At least with the shorter hair maybe he can go longer until he needs another cut!

Here's the final result:


4 comments:

  1. Don't tell Scott about the clippers! He's been begging me for about a month now to get Andrew's hair cut and we just haven't done it...so he looks like a little girl :) Anyway, we might be taking your route soon! Luke looks adorable!

    ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You did a good job!! I started trimming Hunter's hair when he was abuot 9 months. I took him to get a real haircut a while back because I couldn't get him to sit still any more, but they didn't manage anything I couldn't manage so I decided to keep doing it myself. People won't notice any mistakes, they are babies! Looks like Luke did GREAT sitting still...even with the clippers! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very handsome! Good job on the haircut. He looks 100% boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im very impressed! I've tried cutting Claire's hair before. Actually she got her hair cute from my hair dresser and when we came home I noticed that it was longer on one side. So I decided to "fix" it. Never again will I do that! At least with boys you can resort to the clippers:o)

    ReplyDelete