Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bleeding Purple and Gold

We took a family trip down to Baton Rouge for the LSU/Auburn game last weekend. I'll just say - it was a LONG drive there and back (9 hours each way) with a 15 month old. :) I'd like to say a special "thank you" to Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, Cars, A Bugs Life, the Jungle Book, and Over the Hedge - we couldn't have made this trip without you!

Tailgating on Saturday was fun - just exhausting trying to keep up with Luke. He crawled around in the dirt, tried to eat acorns, and narrowly avoided sitting in an ant hill. We brought his little wagon so he could "walk" with it, and walk he did! He ran all around with that thing charging full speed into large groups of tailgaters! Luckily he didn't break anyone's ankles and everyone seemed to be amused by the tiny wagon-pusher.

(Luke trying on Dad's hat):





After tailgating for a couple of hours, Luke was starting to get a little squirmy so we took a trip over to the bookstore to get some loot. Since it was so crowded, I sat outside with Luke while Andie ran in. Within minutes, Luke fell asleep in my arms. The two of us were sitting on a little bench - there were hundreds of people around and it was really loud - not exactly perfect sleeping conditions! Everyone that walked by was "ooooh-ing" and "awwww-ing" at the precious sleeping child - apparently we were quite a spectacle amongst the tailgating crowd. I knew that this was his only opportunity to sleep all day, so I just sat there with him (and got in lots of good people-watching!) while he snoozed for an hour. :)

The trip was a lot of fun, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm happy to be back home!

(the fam!):

3 comments: