Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dinn-ah Time!

It has been proven. Dad can coax Luke to eat dinner.

Mom can't.

Sometimes when we eat dinner, Luke is either a little hesitant to start eating or stops eating after a bite or two. At this point, I always swoop in and try to coax a few more bites out of him. I used to be successful at it... but lately... no luck!

"mommy, no!!!"

"don't want to!"

(this is the face I usually get when offering a bit of help):


ok, ok, fine. You just sit there while mommy and daddy finish eating.

(a few minutes pass)


Then, dad grabs Luke's fork and goes in for some food assisting action. With dad, it is ALWAYS successful!

(What is his secret?!? I'm so jealous!)

Luke starts laughing and pointing out "dad, that one!" as he lines up his next bite for dad to stab with the fork. "ooooo, big bite!"... "that one!".... "that one!"... bite after bite goes straight into Luke's mouth.


Not sure what the difference is - but dad is WAAAAY better at helping with dinner than I am. The one thing I do know is that these two knuckleheads make a pretty good team!

2 comments:

  1. 1 - great pics!

    2 - you make salad at your house?! I don't think my kids even know what salad is! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's a guy thing. Love these pics!!!

    ReplyDelete