Sunday, January 16, 2011

when potty training...

is it normal for your kid to want to remove all of his clothing - even his socks - when he's using the potty? :)

Potty training is actually going pretty good this weekend! He's been in "big boy undies" all weekend. There have been several accidents - even pee on the recliner in his room - but overall I'm starting to see some improvement!

Since he plays in the living room most of the time, we set up his little potty in the corner so that he would have easy access if he needed to go. The little potty also plays a song when you pee pee in it, so that's an added bonus for Luke!

This afternoon, Luke actually used that potty all on his own!! What I mean by that is that I didn't have to ask him if he needed to go - I was actually in the kitchen and when I walked into the living room he was muttering to himself about having to go pee pee while yanking down his pants! It was such a big moment (at least, I thought it was!!)

I just hope we can keep the momentum going!!

1 comment:

  1. Who wants to fool with clothes while potty training...it's so much easier to eliminate the whole pulling the pants down step :) Kate still does this, I will walk into the bathroom and she will be butt naked sitting on the toilet. At which point she will yell, "Mom I need some privacy." So I will leave, she will later come downstairs in an entirely different outfit than before the trip to the toilet. I think she just uses her potty breaks as an excuse to put together another fabulous outfit...she is really into dressing herself these days.

    ReplyDelete